[CentOS] Kickstart network settings problem

James Pearson james-p at moving-picture.com
Tue Apr 22 12:44:47 UTC 2008

Plant, Dean wrote:
> I would like one of my kickstart scripts to prompt for disk and
> networking only. Commenting out the disk and network settings makes the
> installer prompt for disk settings but not for network settings, they
> default to DHCP. Any idea's how to fix this?

I think you need to have the network settings defined - something like:

network --bootproto static

If you don't give it an IP address (with the --ip option), then it will
prompt for it. This is what I do for NFS installs - as my netmask,
gateway and nameserver addresses are static, I also give these on the
network line.

James Pearson