[CentOS] ClamAV version(s)

Sam Drinkard

sam at wa4phy.net
Thu Apr 24 13:11:10 UTC 2008

I had clamav-milter working as well as clamd, then for some reason clamd
stopped and would not create the socket.  After much hair pulling, I
finally tracked the problem(s) down to /etc/clamd.conf.  After
commenting all the stuff out that was providing errors, it is now
working again.  I had somehow mixed versions from sourceforge and
centos, and when I could not get things to update correctly, I removed
clamav-milter and reinstalled it.  My question is about clamd. " clamd
--version yields ClamAV 0.88.7/2314/Sun Dec 10 15:02:13 2006 "

Is this the most current version available from centos?  In the logs,
there is a note about it being drastically outdated and pointed me to an
FAQ file on clamd.  I don't want to go through that hassle of mixing
repos and get all fouled up again.

Thanks

Sam