[CentOS] TCPWrappers + Sendmail = not working

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 23:03:52 UTC 2008

Sean Carolan wrote:
>>  I'm confused.  I'd expect the above symbol listing to show that sendmail is
>> in fact using the libwrap library and it should be doing what the allow/deny
>> files say.
>>
>>  Regardless, the simple way to tell sendmail what you want to permit is to
>> use the /usr/mail/access file.
>
> My goal was to block *ALL* IP access to port 25.

In that case you might as well just shut down sendmail. Or if you only
want it to listen on an 'inside' interface, set the appropriate address
in the DAEMON_OPTIONS entry in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc (which you must
have already modified since the default is to only use the loopback
interface 127.0.0.1).   But you can still control connections completely
  in /etc/mail/access.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com