[CentOS] what cause session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE?

Philip R. Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Mon Apr 28 13:44:25 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 18:18 +0700, Sobari Tanuwijaya wrote:
> Hi,
> I activate samba on Centos 5, but I always get
> NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE when issuing
>
> smbclient //GIServer/GIApp -usmbuser
>
> after I enter the password to the prompt.
>
> What things should I look for to solve this?

It is obvious that authentication is failing for user "smbuser", but
what to do about it is less obvious.

What have you tried?  How have you set up authentication for samba?
Have you created a smbpasswd file and is the user in it, or are you
expecting to authenticate against another server?

Try

smbclient -L GIServer

and see what it returns.

Phil