[CentOS] NFS mount problems

Philip R. Schaffner Philip.R.Schaffner at NASA.gov
Mon Apr 28 14:47:39 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-26 at 16:54 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > >  That would be a sensible solution, but how do you set that up?
> >
> > Are you using some sort of GUI to control your firewall or are you
> editing
> > the firewall file by hand?
> >
> > If you are using a GUI then check out how you can allow ip
> addresses.
> >
> I was using system-config-firewall, but it only offers 'Trusted
> Services'
> and 'Other Ports'.
>
> > If you are editing the firewall file by hand (how I do it) then just
> add
> > the add something like the following:
> >
> > -A INPUT -s 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 -i eth0 -m state --state NEW -j
> ACCEPT
> >
> > Here is a great tutorial for IPTABLES
> >
> > http://iptables.rlworkman.net/chunkyhtml/index.html

For relatively simple situations Firestarter may be worth a look as a
GUI front end:

http://www.fs-security.com/

There is an EL4 binary version on the above site, but it builds OK from
SRPM on CentOS-5:

http://superb-west.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/firestarter/firestarter-1.0.3-1.src.rpm

Phil