[CentOS] case insensitive file system

Ruslan Sivak russ at vshift.com
Wed Apr 30 14:07:32 UTC 2008

John R Pierce wrote:
> Ruslan Sivak wrote:
>> We have an application that was build on a windows platform that
>> expects a case insensitive file system. Is there a way to set one up
>> in CentOS? NTFS should work, I think, but I feel uneasy using that
>> under Linux.
>

> NTFS is not whats case insensitive, its WINDOWS thats case insensitive.
>
> you'll need to fix that application to either use all monocase names
> or to be self-consistent enough to run properly on a case sensitive
> system.

I will look into fixing the application, but it may not be possible.
There must be a filesystem that I can use.  Mac's have HFS+ which can be
case insensitive.  Aren't Macs pretty much Linux?  Isn't there a similar
filesystem availalbe for linux?  I wouldn't run the whole system on it,
just the portion that hosts the app.

Russ