[CentOS] Remounting a USB flash drive

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:55:16 UTC 2008

Yes.

mount diskid

where diskid is your disk device id, e.g. /dev/sdg1

You can find out what it is by running

mount

while the disk is mounted, or by checking /var/log/messages, to see
what disk ID was assigned to it when the device was first plugged in.

You might need to specify a mount-point (where the device should be mounted),

e.g. :   mount /dev/sdg1  /media/flashdrive

Hope this helps,
Aleksey