[CentOS] Restricting User Rights massively

Nifty Cluster Mitch

niftycluster at niftyegg.com
Fri Aug 1 04:12:07 UTC 2008

On Tue, Jul 29, 2008 at 05:59:37PM +0200, Dirk H. Schulz wrote:

> Thanks to all whio helped - rbash seems to be a good starting point since
> selinux is quite complex and takes some time to get into.
>
> Dirk

In this same list is a discussion worth a review.

  [CentOS] Re: securing rsync over ssh

This may address your problem.

While this use of ssh is new to me a quick read and there is a facility
to run a specific command and associate that specific command with a
specific ssh public/private key pair.

In that post the OP was looking for ways to expand the limitations i.e. he
was trying to work around a natural action that it sounds like the OP
on this thread was looking for.  So his problem looks like the solution
to the initial post on this thread.

Give it a look...
It should also work with a Putty so an external windows user
like your manager could use it too.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Looking for a place to hang my hat.