[CentOS] Logrotate is not happing without -f option

Balaji balajisundar at midascomm.com
Fri Aug 1 06:14:56 UTC 2008

I have tried with the following command
logrotate -d /etc/logrotate.conf

and i am getting the following message on the screen

rotating pattern: /var/log/messages /var/log/mgetty.log.ttyS1  weekly
(38 rotations)
olddir is /var/log/corview/, empty log files are rotated, old logs are
removed
considering log /var/log/messages
log does not need rotating
considering log /var/log/mgetty.log.ttyS1
log does not need rotating
not running shared postrotate script, since no logs were rotated

I am not sure what is the problem and can you explain me

Regards
-S.Balaji