[CentOS] File system goes read-only once in a while

Mufit Eribol hme at onart.com.tr
Fri Aug 1 06:36:14 UTC 2008

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> You have to unmount the filesystem in question. I think that's even
> recommended for a "do not repair" run.
>
> Kai
"shutdown -rF now" didn't fix the problem either.
There are problems with several inodes. Reboot fixes the problem for a
couple of hours.

I am thinking about reformatting this volume, but /var is on that volume
as well. Perhaps, I should move /var to somewhere else, then format that
volume. I don't know if there is a better/easier way to fix the problem.

I would appreciate any help.

TIA,
Mufit