[CentOS] Using CentOS 5 as server; best way to setup NFSv4?

Chris Brentano chris.brentano at jivesoftware.com
Sat Aug 2 03:20:10 UTC 2008

I would second OpenLDAP, having used it in production at two different
employers. It's always been stable and reliable. If you're restarting
slapd every 15 minutes I'd take a good hard look at the problem versus
just migrating away from it.

On that note, we recently migrated to Active Directory from OpenLDAP,
primarily because we migrated from Zimbra 4.5 to Exchange (and
Exchange requires AD). It wasn't without much kicking and screaming,
but in the end it was the best move for our users. The tricky part was
switching Linux systems which had been authenticating reliably and
smoothly to OpenLDAP to using Winbind instead (primarily because of AD
group support). Even though it largely works, I would say that in a
large production environment I prefer OpenLDAP for centralized
authentication over AD, especially since we're a predominately Linux/
UNIX environment.

- Chris