[CentOS] Using CentOS 5 as server; best way to setup NFSv4?

nate centos at linuxpowered.net
Sat Aug 2 16:03:09 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> it is...syncrepl has been available for quite some time (master <->
> master)
>
> the way to deal with ssl/multiple LDAP servers is to use TLS_CACERTDIR
> on the clients so you can have multiple certs for the clients to use
>
> migration from openldap 2.2 to 2.3 doesn't require any reconfiguration
> that I'm aware of.

good to know, thanks.

As for 2.2 to 2.3, the configs themselves didn't change but I had
to change a ton of my data, took at least a couple of hours to clean
up my data  so that it would import into 2.3. I'm fairly sure it's
just leftover cruft from OpenLDAP 2.0 when it wasn't as compliant
as 2.2/2.3, and 2.2 was more lenient on what it would accept for
schema layouts, and 2.3 was very strict by comparison.

I don't recall the exact errors I got when I upgraded, it was
about a year ago. Fortunately I tested it a bunch of times and
fixed the schema in my 2.2 production system before upgrading
it, so that it went smoothly.

I'm hoping future version updates will be smoother for me.

nate