[CentOS] OT: Digital Video Editor for CentOS 5.2 - Suggestions?

Wed Aug 6 02:51:26 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 6:13 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 3:47 PM, Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:
>> Akemi Yagi wrote:
>
>>> Cinelerra.  It is very powerful, and Dag kindly added to his repo
>>> quite sometime ago.
>>
>> It is powerful, but if the digital camera is a FireWire-based standard-def
>> DV camera, the right choice is Kino:
>
> I have been using kino to import from our miniDV camcorder and do some
> simple editing -- but all on FC6.  As I wrote in my post earlier in
> this thread, I have been unable to do this on CentOS 5.  Were you able
> to get kino to recognize the firewire port ?  If so, would you mind
> sharing your experience in this forum thread?
>
> http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=14858&forum=45

I will need to buy a PCI card for Firewire and put it into one of our
Desktop boxes.. Probably my wife's, because it has the biggest HD. If
it doesn't work on CentOS 5.2, we will need to use M$ Windows.
Hopefully, it will work on Linux. :-)  CentOS 5 is based on FC6, but
there must be something included  in Fedora that isn't in CentOS?
Simple editing is probably what we will be doing here. We got an
opportunity to buy a new camcorder this afternoon and will buy it
tomorrow. It was on display and we have a chance to buy
it, for about 70% less.