[CentOS] CentOS 5.2 -- how do I choose a wireless network?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin

atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 04:38:48 UTC 2008

Hi.   We have a Windows laptop that has gotten too slow, it's
borderline unusable, so I burned a CentOS 5.2 32-bit Live CD, just to
try it out in the home.

It boots up fine, but it does not connect to the Internet...     Now
we normally connect through a wireless network, there are several
around here -- on the Windows box we choose the network to which to
connect...  but on CentOS there is no such menu?

I went to Administration -> Network, and enabled the wireless
interface, set to Auto and to DHCP, but it said, unable to assign IP
address, and no connectivity...

How do I connect to a wireless network, please?

Thanks,
Aleksey