[CentOS] Re: I'm Stuck

Glenn centos at 1bigadmin.biz
Thu Aug 7 15:21:59 UTC 2008

At 11:31 PM 8/6/2008, you wrote:
>Dear List,
>
>Many thanks for all the suggestions!  I will see if the Vaio can boot
>from a pen drive.  Being several years old, I'm not sure.  If not, the
>suggestion to put the drive in another computer is intriguing.
>
>Best regards,
>--

I have used this technique on Windows and Linux machines for many
years (over a decade). This will work unless your file system is
encrypted. Even then, I think, as long as you have the encryption key
and nnative tools for the OS that mounts it, it will work.

With the proliferation of USB and Firewire enclosures these days it
has actually gotten easier.. especially with notebook drives!

Cheers,
Glenn