[CentOS] rebuilding the kernel.

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Fri Aug 8 11:29:14 UTC 2008

jancio_wodnik at wp.pl wrote:
> Johnny Hughes pisze:
>> jancio_wodnik at wp.pl wrote:
>>> Hi. It is request for it to add this in kernel for centosplus, look
>>> at this: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=3019

>>> No problem.
>>
>> That request was for CentOS-5, not CentOS-4 :D
> ? I can see: Category: [CentOS-4] kernel-centosplus My request was
> exactly for centos 4 branch, but for 5 is good too. So, can i count for
> You to make it posible in centos4 to support hdlc ?
>>
>> HDLC was added to the CentOS-5 plus kernel for the latest version.

Hmmm .... I did not see that it was for 4.6 but thought it was for 5.2.

I can try to add the same things to the CentOS-4 kernel and see if it
builds, but I have already done the 4.7 centosplus kernels and it is a
several hour process that I am not going to redo before release.

I will see if I can get it to build, and put it in testing if it builds.
  I can try to roll that into newer CentOS-4 kernels too.