[CentOS] vncserver on IPv6

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Fri Aug 8 19:55:57 UTC 2008

http://www.realvnc.com/products/enterprise/4.1/ipv6.html

    IPv6 support in VNC Server E4.1.7/P4.1.2

VNC Server E4.1.7 & P4.1.2 are fully IPv6-aware, but is shipped with
IPv6 support disabled by default, for security reasons. IPv6 can be
enabled by setting "InTransports=IPv6,IPv4" (the default being IPv4
only), either on the command-line when starting vncserver under Unix

Ok.  we have vnc-server-4.1.2-9.el5.i386.rpm, so it SHOULD support IPv6.

Don't know how to add a setting to the command-line, as I rund VNCserver
via the service command, but I added it to /etc/sysconfig/vncservers:

InTransports="IPv6"   (note I also tried without the quotes)

and netstat -na|grep 5902

shows vncserver only running on IPv4 and I can only connect to it via IPv4.

So what am I missing?????