[CentOS] rebuilding the kernel.

Yahia Tachwali ytachwali at signalogic.com
Fri Aug 8 22:30:31 UTC 2008

Also, on the procedure mentioned in the link, I am confused about the
need to run:

rpmbuild -bb --target=`uname -m` kernel-2.6.spec 2> build-err.log | tee
build-out.log

after menuconfig... I tend to believe that I need to do make all then
make modules and make install after reconfiguring the menuconfig. but I
did not find that in the wiki link. Could that be a reason? upon
attempting to build the new kernel, I get the following:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `init/main.o', needed by
`init/built-in.o'.  Stop.
make: *** [init] Error 2

Is it because I do not have the complete source tree there? How can I
verfiry that I have the complete kernel source tree?