[CentOS] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Sun Aug 10 12:31:27 UTC 2008

Rudiahlers at gmail.com wrote on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 14:11:06 +0200:

> >> 443/tcp  closed https

sorry, I dind't look close enough. "closed", of course, means closed ;-)

Did you disable firewall for testing on *every* host that is involved
(e.g. on the hosts you try to access/run nmap from), including the
gateway? Is this the only IRC service you have running? I'd rather guess
you don't have a xen problem, but simply block that port somewhere on the
way, and be it on your gateway. Running tcpdump on every involved host may
help.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany