[CentOS] can't access irc server on xen domU, please help

rudiahlers at gmail.com rudiahlers at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:39:58 UTC 2008

sorry, Kai, I didn't want to confuse you. I don't use xen routed
networking. I presume (if I install the XEN guests with virt-install),
that I'm using bridged mode - there is a xenbr0 & a few vif.x
interfaces.

But I think I know where the problem lies. I need to setup a route
between the 2 subnets on the network firewall then.

On 8/10/08, Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com> wrote:
> Rudiahlers at gmail.com wrote on Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:04:20 +0200:
>
>> If I use birdge mode for the VPS's, which is the defalt for XEN, then
>> surely the host OS's networking won't make any difference, right?
>
> Depends on how you define "any difference". As I said if you use bridge
> mode standard xen networking host and guest behave like independant
> physical machines. You have to do the same that you would do for two
> physical machines. There is no "magic bond" between them. If you use xen
> routed networking you should have told so. I've never used that.
>
> Kai
>
> --
> Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany
> Get your web at Conactive Internet Services: http://www.conactive.com