[CentOS] df to get total disk usage on all filesystems?

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:07:09 UTC 2008

Dear Sean,

  No, there isn't.   You'd have to parse the df output to get that
value.  I suggest using the -P switch to df, so you don't have to deal
with multi-line output per filesystem.

  The following will return kilobytes of disk space used (third column
in the df -kP output):

df -kP |grep -v ^Filesystem |awk '{sum += $3} END { print sum; }  '

Best,
-at