[CentOS] Missing fonts for tightvnc

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Tue Aug 12 18:53:48 UTC 2008

You would think installing via yum would handle dependencies, but
perhaps fonts are not managed like dependencies.....

Anyway, I installed tightvnc to test out its IPv6 support.

Installed ok (after I erased regular vnc).  But when I tried to start
it, I got 5 warnings about:

Font directory '/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc' not found - ignoring
(then the same message for Speedo, Type1, 75dpi, and 100dpi).

Then a fatel server error about: could not open default fount 'fixed'

So I looked in the repos (curtesy of yumex) and did find a few 75dpi a
100dpi fonts, but there seemed to be a lot of these two.  I installed a
ocuple of them and tried again.  Got the same errors.

So how do I fix this one?