[CentOS] Suggestion on Network Management software with troubleticket system

Nifty Cluster Mitch niftycluster at niftyegg.com
Tue Aug 12 22:55:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 07:52:45AM +0700, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Subject: [CentOS] Suggestion on Network Management software with
>
> Hi all,
> I'm looking for a network management software. And as the network grows
> it clearly becomes that manual notes is getting too tedious. Also an
> integrated troube ticketing systemm would be great.
> Any reference is really appreciated.

Network management is an area worth some thought.

For tracking events to closure...
Look at Bugzilla, Eventium and the other suggestions posted....

I suspect you need tracking, ownership, states (new, assigned, working, OMGH, fixed), attached documents, the ability to generate
reports and also solve the do you remember games when systems are down (documentation).....

Network management is interesting.... If there is a problem with the
network, bug systems and other "tools" may also be off line.    The classic
way to monitor a network is to live on it and have a phone, Rolodex and pager
handy to contact the other end of the wire.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	Got a great hat... now what.