[CentOS] Re: finding older rpms

Tom G. Christensen tgc at statsbiblioteket.dk
Mon Aug 18 07:23:55 UTC 2008

Rogelio wrote:
> I'm on a fairly old RHEL box, when I "cat /proc/version", I get the
> following:
>
> Linux version 2.4.21-4.ELsmp
> (bhcompile at daffy.perf.redhat.com) (gcc
> version 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-20))

This is RHEL3 GA, released Oct 23, 2003.

> At this stage, I guess I don't have 'yum', so where exactly do I get the
> individual RPMs?

Using up2date ofcourse, or simple logging into your RHN account at redhat.
If you don't have a working RHN subscription for that host then you
won't get any updates as they are not available anywhere outside of Redhat.
If you can't get any updates then I would strongly recommend you
reinstall with CentOS.

-tgc