[CentOS] USB Drive is detected and but the device "/dev/sda1" is not initialized

Balaji

balajisundar at midascomm.com
Tue Aug 19 09:25:58 UTC 2008

Dear All,

    I have using CentOS 4.4 and My PC USB Drive is detected and
    but the device "/dev/sda1" is not initialized and i have executed the
    dmesg command and I am getting the following messages

    usb 1-6: new high speed USB device using address 2
    SCSI subsystem initialized
    Initializing USB Mass Storage driver...
      Vendor: JetFlash  Model: TS1GJFV30         Rev: 8.07
    USB Mass Storage device found at 2
    usbcore: registered new driver usb-storage
    USB Mass Storage support registered.
    sda: Write Protect is off
    sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
    sda: assuming drive cache: write through
    sda: Write Protect is off
    sda: Mode Sense: 03 00 00 00
    sda: assuming drive cache: write through
    sda:
    Attached scsi removable disk sda at scsi0, channel 0, id 0, lun 0

    and i have tried in windows xp service pack 2 system USB Drive is
detected
    but can not opened and i am getting the following message please
insert disk in drive

    I am not sure why this is happening. Can some one throw light on this.

Regards
-S.Balaji