[CentOS] CentOS5 running very slowly on a core 2 duo with 4 GB RAM

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Thu Aug 21 05:56:13 UTC 2008

israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu wrote:
> Hi, I've installed CentOS5.2 on an INTEL Core 2 Duo (Intel(R) Core(TM)2
> Duo CPU     E6550  @ 2.33GHz), 4 GB RAM (MemTotal:      4072176 kB) and
> my system gets sevarel minutes to startup, specially on udev daemon.

If your disk controllers aren't properly recognized, it might help
booting with

hda=noprobe hdc=noprobe

You can test this by running "hdparm -t -T" on your disk with and
without these boot options.

This has helped me on some systems.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Fax: +45 33 27 47 08
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk