[CentOS] Re: Support policy CentOS 5

Robert Nichols rnicholsNOSPAM at comcast.net
Thu Aug 21 18:58:05 UTC 2008

Patrick Derwael wrote:
> you'll find the end-of-life information of the centos releases at:
>
> <http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General?highlight=(end+of+life)#head-fe8a0be91ee
> 3e7dea812e8694491e1dde5b75e6d>
>
> that FAQ page may also answer other questions you may have, (e.g.,
> the relationship between rhel and centos).
>
>   - Rick
>

> [Patrick Derwael] Rick
>
> Thanks for the link, I now have the info I need !

But, read that table carefully. It says "CentOS 5" not "CentOS 5.0"
"CentOS 5" tracks the current point release and is now equivalent
to "CentOS 5.2".  Running "CentOS 5.0" means you do not receive any
updates from a subsequent point release and are locked into the
package versions that were current just before the release of
CentOS 5.1.

                 Do NOT delete it.