[CentOS] RH's servers breached

Scott Beardsley scott at cse.ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 22 17:59:40 UTC 2008

 > What's the point on this for us, CentOS users ?

I'd like to know if CentOS has been affected by RH's compromise. Can
someone please comment? AFAIK, CentOS builds from RHEL SRPMs right? So
as Rui mentioned the script that RH provided is useless. They do give
the version info of the compromised packages:

# The signed tampered packages were:
#
# openssh-3.9p1-8.RHEL4.24 for i386, x86_64 architecture
# openssh-3.9p1-9.el4 for i386, x86_64 architecture
# openssh-4.3p2-26 for x86_64 architecture
# openssh-4.3p2-26.el5 for x86_64 architecture

Of course I have all of these on my local CentOS mirror right now. It
would be nice to know if I'm serving compromised packages. RH doesn't
mention whether the SRPMs were compromised. If they were I suspect
CentOS is affected also.

Thanks in advance,
Scott