[CentOS] LVM not removing LV

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 13:46:37 UTC 2008

There are too many mount points. Close to 120. I am fairly certain
this volume is not mouted. I did a grep -i lvname /proc/mounts

Here is the LV info.

 --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/deptd1_dat_vg01/dat004
  VG Name                deptd1_dat_vg01
  LV UUID                mkoqK3-ew7c-KwFm-3JcN-17dQ-aHJg-dUDQfH
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                515.00 GB
  Current LE             131840
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:7

PLus there are no snapshots for this volume.
TIA