[CentOS] Second Xen NIC not being recognized?

David Dyer-Bennet dd-b at dd-b.net
Mon Aug 25 22:17:55 UTC 2008

On Mon, August 25, 2008 16:55, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>As in /usr/sbin/system-config-network? The yes. Or something else
>>(probably officially called "network manager")?  At this point there are
>
> Well, I am probably about to be char broiled in flame, but I just edit
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth{n} and what ever else like
> resolv.conf
> by hand and uninstall network-mangler or remove it from my KS script.
>
> Network mangler is the devil :)

Yikes, I hadn't realized it was quite that bad.

But you're quite right.  I manually added the ifcfg-eth1 file with
suitable content, rebooted, and the interface is now present.  Can't
actually tell yet whether it's "working"; that would be easy to test
though.

Next step is to install LVS on that system; it needed that second
interface to get to the pair of server systems that are going to be hidden
behind the LVS system in this test setup.  But I think that's something
I'll start tomorrow, not now.

--
David Dyer-Bennet, dd-b at dd-b.net; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info