[CentOS] apache

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Tue Aug 26 09:16:10 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 10:42 +0200, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Mad Unix wrote:
> > Am running Oracle10g on the server, I do OCI connection from php/apache to
> > my DB 10g
> > so how would you insert the values to apache...
>
> To quote John (reading helps!):
>
> | you would put those variable assignments in the front of /etc/init.d/httpd
>
> Though I still don't understand why that would be needed.

I've run into this... the OCI component needs some information about
where Oracle is... my advise would be to *NOT* modify
the /etc/init.d/httpd script.  Better to put the declarations
into /etc/sysconfig/httpd.  That's what the file is there for, and if
you upgrade the Apache RPM, you don't have to worry about your startup
script mods...

	-I