[CentOS] (Global/Any) setting for "show hidden files?" - SOLVED

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue Aug 26 18:09:59 UTC 2008

MHR wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 4:16 AM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
>> by changing the Subject line, and not retaining the reply-to context in the
>> mailheaders, you end up creating a new thread each time. so can you not do
>> that please ?
>>

> Hmm - I did that on purpose because (I thought) I had been soundly
> thrashed in prior efforts for not doing that.
>
> So, to clarify:  when an issue is solved, modify the subject: line so
> to indicate and do NOT start a new thread?
>
> Foo - I thought I had it right this time....

I, for one, dont think its worth wasting time with the SOLVED word in
the subject lines. noone searches through achieves with the word
'SOLVED' in there.

But, whatever people do - thread sanity is way more important than
changing subject lines. people looking for info on a topic almost always
follow threads.