[CentOS] problem with slave dns servers

Michel van Deventer michel at van.deventer.cx
Thu Aug 28 07:17:48 UTC 2008

Hi,

what is the TTL of your DNS records ? After TTL expires, the slaves
don't respond to queries either, because the records aren't valid
anymore. If your primary is down longer than the TTL of your DNS records
you could reconfigure one of the slaves as a new primary or maybe
consider making more than 1 primary.

On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 09:01 +0200, Romeo Ninov wrote:
> Have you describe all the slave servers in you domain configuration (in
> registrant)?
>
> Mark Quitoriano  wrote / napísal(a):
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have 4 bind9 dns installed on centos 4. My primary dns server went
> > down and all of my domains doesn't resolve even if the 3 slave dns is
> > up and running. Im not sure where to configure this is it in my domain
> > registration or in bind?
> >

> > --

	Regards,

	Michel