[CentOS] buildinstall problems

treed at ultraviolet.org treed at ultraviolet.org
Thu Aug 28 22:15:59 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 01:33:07PM -0700, treed at ultraviolet.org spake thusly:
> I am trying to make a stripped down CentOS 5.2 distro which will all fit
> on a single CD containing just the base and a few other packages I need.

As usual, I had to post this to the list before I would be able to
discover the problem myself only minutes later despite having worked the
issue for hours previously.

I stumbled upon this page:

https://bugzilla.fedora.us/wiki/Anaconda/BuildinstallPackageRequirements

Which documents what is required for buildinstall to work. I ran down the
list copying in everything that I was missing which turned out to be
fairly extensive:

beecrypt-4.1.2-10.1.1.x86_64.rpm
bogl-0.1.18-11.2.1.el5.1.x86_64.rpm
bogl-bterm-0.1.18-11.2.1.el5.1.x86_64.rpm
comps-extras-11.1-1.1.el5.centos.noarch.rpm
elfutils-libelf-0.125-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
esound-0.2.36-3.x86_64.rpm
fonts-ISO8859-2-*
gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-25.el5.x86_64.rpm
gnome-python2-2.16.0-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
gnome-python2-canvas-2.16.0-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
krb5-libs-1.6.1-25.el5.x86_64.rpm
libacl-2.2.39-3.el5.x86_64.rpm
libart_lgpl-2.3.17-4.x86_64.rpm
libattr-2.4.32-1.1.x86_64.rpm
libgnome-2.16.0-6.el5.x86_64.rpm
libgnomecanvas-2.14.0-4.1.x86_64.rpm
libjpeg-6b-37.x86_64.rpm
libstdc++-4.1.2-42.el5.x86_64.rpm
libxml2-2.6.26-2.1.2.1.x86_64.rpm
libxml2-python-2.6.26-2.1.2.1.x86_64.rpm
lvm2-2.02.32-4.el5.x86_64.rpm
ncurses-5.5-24.20060715.x86_64.rpm
newt-0.52.2-10.el5.x86_64.rpm
openssl-0.9.8b-10.el5.x86_64.rpm
pam-0.99.6.2-3.27.el5.x86_64.rpm
popt-1.10.2-48.el5.x86_64.rpm
pygtk2-2.10.1-12.el5.x86_64.rpm
python-2.4.3-21.el5.x86_64.rpm
pyxf86config-0.3.31-2.fc6.x86_64.rpm
redhat-artwork-5.1.0-26.el5.centos.x86_64.rpm
rhpl-0.194.1-1.x86_64.rpm
sed-4.1.5-5.fc6.x86_64.rpm
slang-2.0.6-4.el5.x86_64.rpm
tcp_wrappers-7.6-40.4.el5.x86_64.rpm
urw-fonts-2.3-6.1.1.noarch.rpm
vnc-server-4.1.2-9.el5.x86_64.rpm

I'm not sure which ones exactly solved the specific problems I asked about
before but the bin directory gets created and the anaconda/busybox stuff
now works. The SE Linux related error also went away.

So now I have to ask the next question before I can stumble across the
answer myself:

The above url lists packages required for both character (text) and
graphical installs. I really only want to do a text install and would
prefer to remove all of the X related stuff. But I don't see how to make
buildinstall omit the graphical stuff. Anyone know?

Thanks!

--
Tracy Reed
http://tracyreed.org