[CentOS] Re: Curmudgeoning (was Re: Problems with writing Dual Layer DVD)

Bill Campbell centos at celestial.com
Fri Aug 29 00:27:47 UTC 2008

On Thu, Aug 28, 2008, Scott Silva wrote:
> on 8-28-2008 4:15 PM William L. Maltby spake the following:
>> On Thu, 2008-08-28 at 15:50 -0700, Scott Silva wrote:
>>> <snip>
>>
>>> I have motherboards in my garage older than you! ;-D
>>
>> PIKER! I've mobos still running (when I fire 'em up). Although I'm
>> seriously considering ditching the 386SX with Win 3.11. Don't find any
>> reason to fire it up anymore.
>>
>> Hell, even at my age I've got more memory left than it ever had!  :-))
>>
>>> <snip>
>>
> I don't think I kept anything lower than a 486. You never know if you
> might need it!

I still have a Tandy 4000, 386-16 no cache, that is used occassionally to
program EPROMS.  This same machine ran Xenix for years before being abused
by installing DR-DOS on it.

I have a Radio Shack Model 100, the first laptop, in the closet beside an
HP-97 programmable calculator.

Bill
Fax:            (206) 232-9186

If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the
government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those
guarantees.  -- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993