[CentOS] Two NFS issues

Russell Miller duskglow at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 23:23:07 UTC 2008

> Ok, but the portmap service have to run on the server. Correct me if I
> get wrong, but the CentOS clients are asking the server for the port to
> use and this is what portmap does.

Actually I have a little more information, but I'm having a hard time
putting the pieces together.  It looks like when you turn attribute caching
off, the first problem goes completely away, at the expense of slowing
things way down.  The attribute caching appears to be blocking for some
reason - if you set the timeout to 1, the ls will finish after 1 second.

--Russell