[CentOS] does anyone have experience with clusters?

Tom Brown tom at ng23.net
Wed Dec 3 12:22:58 UTC 2008

> Yes, the idea is to run a XEN farm. Each VPS will have it own set of
> sofware running, from Windows to Linux, with SQL / Web / Email / etc.
>
> With regards to load balancing, I need it so that the total load of
> all the XEN VPS's can be spread out among the XEN servers, almost like
> a super computer. How will I do this?

depends on how much of your own effort you want to put in getting this
running - it might be that Xen Enterprise is something that would
benefit you more. It can be done with other tools but if you want VM's
to magically start working over >> there when the host here << dies then
i think you need to look at a commercial product. I dont like Xen
Enterprise and never will but if you want to use Xen then you may have
to go that route. You could make it so that disk images are on shred
storage and so recovery to a different dom0 is short but if you want
seamless then i think you'll have to pay $$