[CentOS] GRUB Timeout problem

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Fri Dec 5 19:01:35 UTC 2008

On Fri, Dec 5, 2008 at 10:44 AM, Nicolas Thierry-Mieg
<Nicolas.Thierry-Mieg at imag.fr> wrote:
> Mark Snyder wrote:
>> I do not know, but I suspect that the problem has something to do with
>> the fact that /boot is type ext2 while the rest of the file system is
>> type ext3.  I must have done this accidentally installing the system.
>> It would take up to much of my time to reinstall the whole system again
>> on the laptop, setup repositories, install wine, install wireless,
>> install gstm and configure etc etc.
>
> I doubt this is the source of your problem, but google can tell you how
> to convert an ext2 fs to ext3 (tune2fs). Very easy, nothing to reinstall.

I agree.

Are you sure that the hardware is supported on CentOS?  I don't
recognize the specific model you mentioned, so I don't know what CPU,
motherboard, memory, etc. you have.

Have you tried timeout=0?

Have you checked all the PROM settings?

I'm just fishing here 'cuz nothing so far rings a bell....

HTH

mhr