[CentOS] --=Getting OTer by the sec=-- Web Filter

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Fri Dec 5 22:02:40 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 16:35 -0500, Andrew Hull wrote:
> William L. Maltby wrote:
> ><snip>

> > I'm not sure if the latest has all the features OP is seeking, but I've
> > been using IPCop for ages with NP <snip>

> Hi Bill,
> I've never used IPCop (opting for m0n0wall instead), but I was under the
> impression that IPCop lacked any content filtering features requested by
> the OP.
>
> A quick perusing of the website leads me to believe its trying to be a
> kick-ass beige-box firewall/router (and most-likely succeeding), but it
> seems like a content filter it is not. Did I miss some glaring features?

No. By the time I read the post I had replied to, I couldn't recall all
the features the OP wanted. And, as I mentioned, I hadn't been to the
site for a _long_ time. So I wasn't sure what features it had.

On top of all that, I'm relatively inexperienced at that stuff and am
not sure what all is meant by a content filter. From my ignorant POV,
being able to stop connections from/to certain sites _seemed_ seemed to
fall within that capability. Of course my whole "unnerstaning" of that
is based on casual hearing of things like "Parental Controls", blocking
access to/from sites, etc.

> Thanks for the conservation,
> Andy
> <snip sig stuff>

My humble apologies if what I posted was just noise.

--
Bill