[CentOS] --=Getting OTer by the sec=-- Web Filter

Dennis McLeod dmcleod at foranyauto.com
Fri Dec 5 22:37:59 UTC 2008

I use it (IPCOP) here on our "Free Wireless Access" for our Customers.
I had some customers surfing porn in the waiting area.
I added the Advanced Proxy and URL Filter Add-ons.
http://www.advproxy.net/
http://www.urlfilter.net/

I also use Open DNS behind that, so I get two shots at blocking it.

Easy to set up. I rarely check it. Anytime I get a complaint about it not
working, it because the Linksys WAP has froze.
Dans Guardian is not free for business use....

I have it running on a IBM Netvista Celeron 1000 with 256m of ram on a 10g
drive.
Been in place for 3 years. Current uptime is 235 days.