[CentOS] [OT] Firefox loses plugins, anyone else? Bug? Known?

William L. Maltby CentOS4Bill at triad.rr.com
Sat Dec 6 00:11:56 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-12-05 at 18:41 -0500, William L. Maltby wrote:
> <snip>

Geez Louise!

Went back to the original problem desktop. Did a find plug\* -ls in
the .mozilla directory. The current pluginreg.dat was 65 bytes. Fired up
FF from the desktop, went to T'bird, clicked the link. Went to
tools->add-ons and looked at the plugins tab. EVERYTHING IS THERE NOW!

Another find shows pluginreg.dat is now 5267 bytes, the same as my saved
pluginreg.dat-.

It's beyond me unless there's the old uninitialized pointer problem, or
memory leakage or some-such.

Those files are still available now.

--
Bill