[CentOS] squid server for 10,000 accounts

Andy Loughran andy at zrmt.com
Sat Dec 6 19:08:20 UTC 2008

Howdy,

Regarding the Load Balancing, I find ipvsadm to be a very good package.

I'm not well-versed with squid, but for 10,000 users, I should image
that hardware is not sufficient (especially if they're all requesting
pages at the same time?)

My immediate hunch would be to set up a virtualised squid proxy, and
then copy that across to be hosted on multiple servers.  Providing it's
set up in a scalable fashion (maybe NFS share for config/rules) across
the entire cluster - you should be able to have a very scalable solution.

Regards,

Andy Loughran