[CentOS] New rpm, same name, how to update

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Dec 8 18:42:31 UTC 2008

Warren Young wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> I await the developers help.
>>

> It's not hard to do it yourself.
>
> First, find the .spec file:
>
> 	$ cd the/source/trees/root
> 	$ find . -name \*.spec -print
>
> Then see if there is a top-level 'make' rule for building RPMs:

Arch is being used to maintain the source and I do a 'tla replay' to get
the night's patches. So everything is in the tree they use. Since this
is being compiled on lots of different distros, it is not following what
I am used to as you indicate below.

But the developer showed me the spec file: ./test/packaging/hipl.spec,
and I am playing with the Release value to include the patch level.