[CentOS] Problem after power failure: no more sound in Flash

MHR mhullrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 00:57:19 UTC 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Niki Kovacs <contact at kikinovak.net> wrote:
> Max Hetrick a écrit :
>> Niki Kovacs wrote:
>>
>>> I recently had a power failure, and since that, apparently the only
>>> problem I have is: flash videos in Firefox have no more sound. I tried
>>> to reinstall both firefox and flash-plugin, but to no avail.
>>
>> Is it installed in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ ?
>>
>> # ll /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/
>>
>> If not, try recreating the symlink:
>>
>> # cd /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
>> # ln -s /usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so .
>>

> Actually, I can play Flash videos alright. Only they have no sound.
> Other apps like mplayer or xmms do have sound. Which leaves me clueless.

It may be a setting in the Firefox configuration.  My daughter has a
similar problem on her machine - no sound in the browser (it's an
older version of seamonkey).  Try putting "about:config" in the URL
bar and filter for sound - see if something there looks funny.

If not, you might check the Mozilla bugzilla and see if this has been
reported, and if not, you know what to do.

:-)

HTH

mhr