[CentOS] suspend/resume system crash

Sergej kandyla sk.paix at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 16:21:44 UTC 2008

Max Hetrick wrote:
> Sergej Kandyla wrote:
>

>> I've installed CentOS 5.2 i386 (with all updates) on notebook Fujutsu
>> Siemens Esprimo  U9200
>> Suspending works normal, but after resuming my system crashes.
>> There are  no messages about that in /var/log/messages, only after
>> reboot system I see in gnome:
>>

> I have a ThinkPad, but I've never been able to get suspend/resume to
> work right with CentOS. Hibernation, however, worked fine for me until I
> started using disk encryption. Now, it too bombs because it can't wake
> up my encrypted file systems.
>
> Have you tried seeing if hibernation works? I know it's not the same,
> but I know I've never had a laptop that suspend/resume worked when using
> CentOS.

Thanks for reply!
Yes,  hibernation (sleep mode) works fine...

I'm confused... Not only my freebsd can't work with all hardware :)
( Off course I understand that CentOS is server oriented linux, but I
want use on desktop such  system that I'm using  on my servers. )

Also I've tried  update gnome-power-manager-2.16.0-9.el5  to
gnome-power-manager-2.18.2-4.fc7.i386.rpm
but this didn't take a results.

--
Best Wishes,
PAIX-UANIC | SK3929-RIPE