[CentOS] Adobe plugin for firefox

Bo Lynch blynch at ameliaschools.com
Tue Dec 9 20:55:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, December 9, 2008 3:49 pm, William L. Maltby wrote:

> On Tue, 2008-12-09 at 15:01 -0500, Bo Lynch wrote:
>> I'm having an issue with workstation opening pdf's with firefox. I have
>> the adobe plugin installed and enabled in firefox but firefox will only
>> let me save the file. Under applications I have tried using the doc
>> reader
>> and adobe to associate pdf's with firefox with no luck. I am running
>> firefox 3.0.4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> Thank you
>
> I've just been mucking about with this stuff. If you'll provide more
> information, maybe I can help. Many folks ignore requests with no
> substantive information because it wasts so much time trying to get the
> information needed.
>
> For me, if you use rpm -q<splat whatever else you want> to list the
> adobe plugin file installed, that would be a start.
>
> Under ~/.mozilla are one or more files named pluginreg.dat. Their
> contents would be useful. The find command will help you locate them. If
> you have multiple "default" directories there, which one is your active
> one? Just get information from that one.
>
> If you have edited your preferences, list the settings for those that
> may be related: what do you have for download actions, under
> tools->add-ons->plugins tab, what is shown their. Anything else that may
> be useful and related.
>
> --
> Bill

rpm -q firefox
firefox-3.0.4-1.el5.centos

[root at localhost ~]# acroread -v
8.1.3

The output of pluginreg.dat. This file was located in
~/.mozilla/firefox/ssehte9e.default
Is this normal?

Generated File. Do not edit.

[HEADER]
Version:0.09:$

[PLUGINS]
/usr/lib/nspluginwrapper/npwrapper.so:$
:$
1216305953000:1:1:$
<a
href="http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/nspluginwrapper/">nspluginwrapper</a>
 is a cross-platform NPAPI plugin viewer, in particular for linux/i386
GNU General Public License.<br>:$
NPAPI Plugins Wrapper 0.9.91.5:$
1
0:unknown/mime-type:Do not open:none:$
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_32_32.libflashplayer.so:$
:$
1226956491000:1:1:$
Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12:$
Shockwave Flash:$
2
0:application/x-shockwave-flash:Shockwave Flash:swf:$
1:application/futuresplash:FutureSplash Player:spl:$
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins-wrapped/nswrapper_32_32.nppdf.so:$
:$
1227025018000:1:1:$
The Adobe Reader plugin is used to enable viewing of PDF and FDF files
from within the browser.:$
Adobe Reader 8.0:$
5
0:application/pdf:Portable Document Format:pdf:$
1:application/vnd.fdf:Acrobat Forms Data Format:fdf:$
2:application/vnd.adobe.xfdf:XML Version of Acrobat Forms Data Format:xfdf:$
3:application/vnd.adobe.xdp+xml:Acrobat XML Data Package:xdp:$
4:application/vnd.adobe.xfd+xml:Adobe FormFlow99 Data File:xfd:$

Thanks for any help.
Bo Lynch