[CentOS] pop3 attack

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Dec 9 23:33:07 UTC 2008

on 12-9-2008 3:11 PM Lanny Marcus spake the following:
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 4:26 PM, James Pifer <jep-2I/IFv/jpUMre736sURT7g at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Thanks to all. For now I've stopped it using iptables. I tried stopping
>> it at my router without success, yet another reason to replace it! I
>> will also report it to abuse at covad.net.
>
> Great. Scott can tell you whether or not if you switch to IPCop as
> your Firewall/Router, that would stop it. As I recall, IPCop considers
> things originating within your LAN OK, and things from outside as
> suspicious.
I don't run my servers through IPCop. It is just for internet access and
office to office tunnels. It is a lot easier to set up and do things then the
Siemens T1 router I am stuck with at the demark. Its firewall language seems
just different enough to give me fits when I use it.  And I don't hose
everything with one fat-fingered typo.

--
MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and