[CentOS] Cannot mount samba shares

John jses27 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 18:27:41 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 19:16 +0100, Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> > Hmmm. I haven't tried if "force user" breaks in the same way.
>
> Wow, that doesn't break. Let me see if I can live with the consequences.

//ethans27/SAN1 /mnt/SAN1 cifs
user,uid=500,rw,suid,username=nobody,password=nobody 0 0

Ok uid, username, password,  really does not get used. It is by passes
with the forcing of the users and groups. Mainly it's for detail. But I
promise I spent two days on trying to get this working right and this is
the only way it would work and integrate with Windows also.

The solution I was given by a long time Unix admin was use NFS and
forget it but I could not do that. Also in your linux client try the
fstab entry with the correct user setting you need and uid and password.