[CentOS] nfs slow?

Davide Cittaro davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it
Wed Dec 10 19:33:27 UTC 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 8:14 PM, Russell Miller wrote:

> Have you tried these measurements against a native Linux NFS server?
> It might be a good data point to find out if this only happens against
> Solaris.

Actually not, but I've tested other OS as client. Nothing compares to
centos :-(
I suspect there's something dealing with file permissions and
owners... bah...

> However, it could be none of the above, and be degraded ZFS
> performance that the NFS protocol is exacerbating.  Have you run
> network dumps?

As far as other clients show better performances (close to network
bandwidth limit) I guess Solaris is not the issue...

Thanks

Davide Cittaro
davide.cittaro at ifom-ieo-campus.it