[CentOS] CentOS Bug Reporting Policy

Hywel Richards

hywelbr at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 13 20:04:37 UTC 2008

I'm a little confused about what you are supposed to do when you
discover a bug with CentOS (and by implication RHEL).

Is there some policy as to what to do and where to report the bug?

It doesn't seem appropriate to report it to http://bugs.centos.org
because CentOS is kept in-sync with the upstream, so bugs will never get
fixed in CentOS, only in the upstream distribution.
Unless there is some feedback mechanism from this CentOS bugtracker to
Redhat that I am unaware of.

So that makes the obvious place to report any bugs
http://bugzilla.redhat.com, but do they (Redhat) have any opinion on
people reporting bugs observed on a CentOS distribution there? Do they
welcome it or do they discourage it? There is certainly no CentOS
product classification in their bugzilla I can see.

So, in short, is there any CentOS bug reporting policy, and is it
written down anywhere?

Hywel.